The function of the oil filter is to remove metal debris and various impurities in the engine lubricating oil (oil), so as to prevent it from entering the lubrication system and wearing parts. After the oil filter is used for a period of time, a lot of sludge and metal debris will accumulate on the filter element, causing the filter to be blocked, hindering the flow of lubricating oil and preventing the normal operation of the system. At this time, the oil filter (or filter element) and the oil should be replaced in time.
Replacement of engine oil filter steps
In order to ensure the safety of operation, the following matters should be paid attention to when replacing the engine oil filter: Park the car on a flat site, if the site is inclined, the old oil will not be fully discharged.
When replacing the engine oil filter, it is best to choose before leaving the vehicle. If the engine has been running, it should be done after at least 30 minutes of shutdown, so that the oil can fully fall back to the oil pan.
(1) Remove the oil drain plug and drain the engine oil.
(2) After draining, wipe the oil drain plug. Then install the oil drain plug and tighten it according to the following requirements. Tightening torque: 30Nm
(3) Loosen the oil filter with the oil filter wrench.
(4) Apply engine oil to the O-ring of the core oil filter.
(5) Screw the new oil filter onto the oil filter holder by hand until the filter O-ring contacts the mounting surface. To properly tighten the oil filter, take care to identify the precise location of the initial contact of the filter O-ring with the mounting surface.
(6) After contact with the mounting surface, use the oil filter wrench to tighten the filter by another 3/4 turn. Tightening torque: 15N-m.
(1) Replacement of the integral oil filter
Most automobile engines use an integral oil filter, and the filter element cannot be removed. When the filter element is blocked by impurities and the oil flow resistance increases, the oil filter must be replaced as a whole.
When replacing the oil filter, it needs to be removed with special tools, and the installation plane of the oil filter should be cleaned to prevent impurities from affecting the sealing effect, and then apply clean oil to the gasket of the new oil filter.
Tighten the oil filter by hand until resistance is felt, and then use a special tool to tighten it 3/4 turn. Be sure to start the engine and check the oil filter for oil leaks.
(2) Replacement of the decomposable oil filter
Replacement of filter element For the decomposable oil filter, when the filter element is too dirty and blocked, only the filter element needs to be replaced. The operation method is as follows:
Place an oil pan on the oil drain plug of the engine oil pan, remove the oil drain plug, and drain the old oil.
When the old oil in the oil pan is drained, use the filter wrench to remove the filter element, take a new filter element of the same type, first apply a layer of oil on the O-ring, and screw the filter element by hand until it stops.
Do not tighten the filter with a filter wrench to prevent damage to the O-ring and cause oil leakage. After installation, start the engine, and observe whether the filter leaks under the condition of idling. If there is leakage, the oil seal rubber ring should be disassembled and inspected to eliminate oil leakage.