The purpose of the oil filter:
1. The oil filter is located in the engine lubrication system. Its upstream is the oil pump, and the downstream is the parts that need to be lubricated in the engine;
2. The function of the oil filter is to filter out metal chips in the oil and dust in the atmosphere and carbon particles produced by incomplete fuel combustion before the circulating oil is sent to the surface of the moving parts;
3. In order to reduce the frictional resistance between the relative moving parts in the engine and reduce the wear of the parts, the oil is continuously delivered to the friction surface of each moving part to form a lubricating oil film for lubrication;
4. In order to ensure the filtering effect, multi-stage filters are generally used: filter collector, coarse filter and fine filter. The filter connected in series with the main oil passage is generally a coarse filter; the filter connected in parallel with the main oil passage is generally a fine filter, with an oil flow rate of 10%-30%;
5. The filter collector is installed at the oil suction port before the oil pump, and is mostly of filter type. Its function is to prevent large mechanical impurities from entering the oil pump. The filter collectors used in automobile engines are currently divided into two types: floating filter collectors and fixed filter collectors.