Different models of oil filters have different prices, generally between tens to hundreds:
1. During the working process of the engine, metal wear debris, dust, carbon deposits oxidized at high temperature, colloidal sediment, water, etc., are continuously mixed into the lubricating oil. The function of the oil filter is to filter out these mechanical impurities and gums, keep the lubricating oil clean and prolong its service life. The oil filter should have strong filtering ability, small flow resistance and long service life;
2. In the general lubrication system, several filter collectors, coarse filters and fine filters with different filtration capacities are installed, which are respectively connected in parallel or in series in the main oil passage. The filter connected in series with the main oil passage is called a full-flow filter. When the engine is working, all the lubricating oil is filtered by the filter; the filter connected in parallel with it is called a split-flow filter;
3. The coarse filter is connected in series in the main oil passage, which is full flow; the fine filter is connected in parallel in the main oil passage, which is split flow. Modern car engines generally only have a collector filter and a full-flow oil filter. The coarse filter filters out impurities with a particle size of 0.05mm or more in the oil, and the fine filter is used to filter out fine impurities with a particle size of 0.001mm or more.
Car oil filters prevent clogging because:
1. If the filterability of the oil filter is not up to standard, impurities in the oil will enter the engine, causing wear and tear to the engine and affecting its performance and life;
2. Similarly, if the dust holding capacity of the oil filter is insufficient, the durability cannot stand the test, or the hardness of the filter housing is not enough due to complex road conditions, the probability of failure in the middle is relatively large;
3. Once the failure occurs, impurities will also take the opportunity to enter the engine, and then launch a "crazy siege" on the engine.