How to determine if the oil filter is clogged:
1. Most of the filters use paper filter elements and are closed with a hard plastic shell. The internal oil level can be observed from the outside. Therefore, by observing the rising oil level, it can be judged whether the filter is blocked;
2. If the filter uses a metal shell, the oil pipe should be removed, and the oil supply of the pump should be used to detect whether the filter is blocked. The filter can also be removed, and the nozzle can be blown from the oil inlet pipe joint port on the side of the car fuel tank for testing;
3. If there is no ventilation at all or blowing forcefully when blowing air, it means that the filter has been blocked. When the car drives 8000-12000km, the speed of the car is reduced, the maximum speed can only reach 60-70kmh, the engine rotation is not stable, the reason is that the oil filter element is blocked. Therefore, if you find that the car is unable to drive, you should immediately check the oil filter and replace it with a new one according to the original factory regulations.
Car oil filters are not universal. Different models have different filters. Be sure to find a filter that fits your model:
1. The function of the oil filter is to filter out harmful impurities in the oil from the oil pan. Then supply the crankshaft, connecting rod, camshaft, supercharger, piston ring and other moving parts with clean oil to lubricate, cool and clean, thereby prolonging the life of these parts;
2. According to the structure, the machine filter can be divided into replaceable type, spin-on type and centrifugal type; according to the arrangement in the system, it can be divided into full-flow type and split-flow type;
3. The filter materials used in the machine filter include filter paper, felt, metal mesh, non-woven fabric, etc.