Solution to the fault light of the fuel water separator:
1. The function of the fuel water separator is to separate the water by using the gravity difference between the fuel and the water before the fuel enters the fuel injection pump;
2. The warning light of the fuel water separator is always on, which is generally not a problem of accessories. When the fuel water separator is used for a period of time, there will be accumulated water inside. When the water reaches a certain limit, the indicator light will be on;
3. When the fuel water separator warning light is on, you can unscrew the drain valve under the fuel water separator tank to drain the water. At this time, the liquid level of the fuel water separator drops below the sensor, and the indicator light goes out naturally;
4. If the water under the fuel water separator tank is drained, the indicator light is still on, and the fault may be on the fuel water separation sensor. Use a multimeter to check the voltage of the fuel water separation sensor. Normally, it should be 12V and 5V. If it is abnormal, it is not a circuit problem or poor contact, and then replace the fuel water separation sensor.
Abnormal sound of fuel water separator:
1. Due to the design characteristics of the fuel water separator, that is, the exhaust gas recirculation valve, it is normal to pull out the oil dipstick or open the oil port cover when the engine is on fire.
2. The function of the fuel water separator is to separate the water droplets or oil droplets precipitated from the aftercooler from the gas;
3. There are many types, such as circular rotary type, centrifugal rotary type and impact baffle type, etc. The basic principles are similar.